What is a Co-operative?
- Co-operatives are autonomous associations formed and democratically directed by people who come together to meet common economic, social, and cultural needs.
Benefits of being a shareholder?
- Being a shareholder/member means you can attend the Annual General Meeting, speak at the AGM, stand for election to the Board, subscribe to Broadband Internet services, and receive any dividends issued by the co-operative.
- You are part of building your community!
What are dividends?
- A sum of money paid by a company to its shareholders out of its profits.
What happens if I leave the Co-operative?
- Your membership fee is returned after your equipment has been returned to LCDC.
- You are no longer entitled to membership benefits.